The New York Genome Center
Board of Directors
Russell L. Carson
Ivan G. Seidenberg
Dafna Bar-Sagi, PhD
Dennis S. Charney, MD
Augustine M.K. Choi, MD
Lee Goldman, MD, MPH
Tom Maniatis, PhD
Herbert Pardes, MD
Jim Simons, PhD
Craig B. Thompson, MD
Gordon F. Tomaselli, MD, FAHA, FACC, FHRS
Faculty and Senior Scientists
Scientific Director and Core Faculty
Hemali Phatnani, PhD
- Neurodegenerative diseases
Toby Bloom, PhD
- Computational biology
The NYGC provides Affiliate Memberships to external academic researchers who have a significant interest in and commitment to the scientific life and work of the NYGC, and will contribute to and benefit from the NYGC’s mission.
Researchers who hold primary academic and/or clinical appointments at other institutions, including Institutional Founding Members and Institutional Associate Members, are eligible to be considered for an appointment as Affiliate Members.
The NYGC currently has 69 Affiliate Members, hailing from 14 academic institutions across the country. Please email Affiliate firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying to the program.
NYGC AFFILIATE MEMBERS
Scientific Working Groups
The NYGC has established scientific working groups with the objective of bringing together NYGC researchers and the scientific community to advance disease-based research in areas where our strengths and experience can make a significant difference.
- Neurodegenerative Disease Working Group, led by Alison Goate, DPhil, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, Hemali Phatnani, PhD, NYGC, and Phil De Jager, PhD, MD, MMSc, Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
- Neuropsychiatric Disease Working Group
- Computational Cancer Genomics Working Group, led by Simon Tavaré, PhD, NYGC and Columbia University, and Sohrab Shah, PhD, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Enabling Innovation Working Group
- Population Genomics Working Group, led by Adam Siepel, PhD, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, and Eimear Kenny, PhD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.