She Started It: A Film Screening
3:30 PM — 6:30 PM
Featured Presenter: Nora Poggi | Director, Producer Join Johnson & Johnson Innovation JLABS for...
Featured Presenter: Nora Poggi | Director, Producer
Join Johnson & Johnson Innovation JLABS for a film screening of “She Started It,” a new documentary film that follows five trailblazing young female entrepreneurs through their entrepreneurship journeys.
View the trailer for the film here.
The movie screening will be followed by a short panel discussion featuring the filmmaker, Nora Poggi, and local influential women in business.
3:30 PM | Registration Open & Networking
4:00 PM | Film Screening of “She Started It”
5:30 PM | Panel discussion featuring filmmaker Nora Poggi
6:30 PM | Program Close
$5 | General Public
FREE | Children 12 and under
New York Genome Center
101 6th Ave.
New York, NY 10013
Nora Poggi | Director, Producer
Nora Poggi is a French journalist with a background in film production. She has been interviewing key players in Silicon Valley for the past four years. After graduating from France’s top schools, Paris Institute of Political Studies and University of Paris, she moved to San Francisco to work for a French social network called Viadeo.com. She then went back to her first love, films, with the production company, Lucky Dragon Productions, where she trained in all areas of film production and promotion. At the same time, she started freelance reporting for Examiner.com on major Silicon Valley events, producing video interviews with tech industry players. She now also writes about entrepreneurship and tech for the French newspaper Usine Nouvelle.
- She Started It: A Film ScreeningJune
3:30 PM — 6:30 PMFeatured Presenter: Nora Poggi | Director, Producer Join Johnson & Johnson Innovation JLABS for...29
- Meet with…Canaan PartnersJune
10:30 AM — 1:00 PMFeatured Presenter: Colleen Cuffaro, PhD | Principal, Canaan Partners Canaan Partners is an early...27
+New York Cancer Genomics Research Network
- Neville World Science Festival
- Using Data Science to Anticipate Cancer Evolution & Design Adaptive Therapies
- Dr. Neville Sanjana talks about CRISPR on CUNY TV
- All of Your Data in a Drop of DNA
- The ABCs of DNA; A Genomic Revolution @ NYGC April 05 2017
- How combining an evolutionary perspective with genomic methods can advance CLL treatment
- Interview: Laurence De Torrente, New York Genome Center
Women in Big Data
- Andrew Kung, MD, PhD – March 22 pt.1
- Andrew Kung, MD, PhD – March 22 pt.2
- Five Points Lecture: Sasha Levy, PhD – February 17
- Five Points Lecture: Nicholas Tatonetti – February 3
- Five Points Lecture: Peter Sims, PhD – January 27
- Five Points Lecture: Sharon Plon, MD, PhD, FACMG – January 20
- Five Points Lecture: Kasper Lage, PhD – January 13
- Jewish Genomics Evening: Heritage to Health
The New York Genome Center hosted the Jewish Genomics Evening, which explored Heritage to Health within the Jewish community.
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: Anthony Shih, MD, MPH
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: Herb Pardes, MD
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: Robert Darnell, MD, PHD
Opening Address: “Sequencing Our DNA: Opportunities and Challenges”
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: Thomas Insel, MD
Nerve & Developmental Diseases: “How Can Genomics Help People With Brain Disorders”
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: David Housman, PHD
Nerve & Developmental Diseases: “Improving and Saving Lives with Genomics: Prospects and Challenges”
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: Daniel Weinberger, MD
Nerve & Developmental Diseases: “What do genes for mental illness mean to a developing brain?"
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: Andrew Kung, MD, PHD
Cancer: “Clinical impact of precision cancer medicine: The PIPseq experience”
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: Funmi Olopade, MD
Cancer: “Using Genomics for Population Risk Stratification in Breast Cancer”
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: Howard Zucker, MD, JD
Ethical & Policy Question in Genomics: “The Genomics Generation: Why Ethics Need to Be Part of the Discussion”
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: Tom Maniatis, PHD
Ethical & Policy Question in Genomics: "Consortium Science in Genomics"
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: Nancy Wexler, PHD
Ethical & Policy Question in Genomics: “Breakthroughs in Genetic Testing"
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: Rahul Satija, PHD
The Genomics Frontier: “Building a molecular microscope with single cell genomics”
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: Harold Varmus, MD
The Genomics Frontier: "Precision Medicine in Oncology"
- Genomics & Healthcare Conference: Herb Pardes, MD
- Evening Talk: Jeffrey Friedman, MD, PhD
Genes, Leptin and the Biologic Basis of Obesity
- Evening Talk: Ian Lipkin, MD
Bacteria and fungi and viruses, oh my!
- Evening Talk: Bob Darnell, MD, PhD
- Evening Talk: Art Caplan, PhD
The Ethics of Compassionate Use in the Context of Personalized Medicine
- Evening Talk: David Goldstein, PhD
A Genomic View of Precision Medicine
- Evening Talk: Joe Pickrell, PhD
Combining Genomics and Machine Learning to Understand Human History and Variation
- Genomics Made with IBM
We’re proud to be featured in IBM’s Made with IBM campaign.
- IBM Watson and NYGC
- NYGC Opening
- NYGC Pilot Lab